Maplewood Greens Events. Seattle, Washington.



MapleWood Greens Events, Seattle, Washington. Logo By PAN.
My client, a self proclaimed Francophile sighting her influences anywhere from Jean Luc Godard to Francois Truffaut to Rimbaud, suggested that we somehow use the original Paris Ritz Hotel logo (below) as our influence. Having always loved that logo and French culture myself I agreed with the direction. If you notice, I chopped up the "R" from the original "RItz" and reconstructed it. I then added a borrowed swoop from the "R" in "paRis" and came to the final construct of the "W" in "wood." I replaced the ambiguous jeweled pineapple shapes with maple leaves and of course added the 'Greens Events" below the crest following/ completing its already implied movement. This top design, the ethereal white patina, is the one that was chosen. The two below were additional drafts i came up with along the way. Thank you Maplewood Greens. A very fun collaboration which yielded very nice results.
















Inspiration for design